Considering Agricultural Education (teacher licensure) or Agricultural Communication and Marketing at the University of Minnesota? Your first step is to visit the University of Minnesota Office of Admissions. On this website you will discover how to apply for admission, requirements for admission, schedule a visit to campus, tuition and fees information, and all other information regarding becoming a freshman at the University of Minnesota!
Requirements for Admission
The priority deadline for students submitting a complete admission application is December 15. Learn more about the University's admissions review and selection process.
Schedule a Campus Visit
Visits are a great way to learn more about the Agricultural Education division, financial aid and scholarships, career opportunities, study abroad and extracurricular activities.
Scheduled Mondays and Fridays, visits are tailored to meet your interests and include a general information session, an appointment with an Agricultural Education advisor, and a tour of the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses and residence halls.
All visits are scheduled through the Visit Office by phone (612) 625-0000 or toll-free (800) 752-1000 or online.
All first-year students are required to attend a two-day orientation session. Your orientation will provide an introduction to College and University programs and services; advising and registration assistance; and an opportunity to meet other students.
New Student Checklist
The following checklist will help you prepare for your orientation and first year experience:
- Initiate your student internet account AND bring your internet id and password to Orientation.
- Complete the pre-orientation survey and choose your orientation session. Your confirmation fee must be paid and you must complete the pre-orientation survey in order to select your session.
- Complete your chemistry and math placement tests at least one week prior to your orientation date. These test results will help you and your advisor determine the best course levels for you.
- Mark your calendar for Welcome Week.
- University of Minnesota Prospective Students Admissions Page
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Related Sciences Prospective Student Information
- Housing & Residential Life
- One Stop (Information about tuition, financial aid, registration, etc).
- University of Minnesota Parent Resources (general information, news updates, health & safety, academics, housing, etc.)