If you are a student attending college outside of the University of Minnesota, your first step is to visit the University of Minnesota Office of Admissions. On this website you will discover how to apply for admission, requirements for admission, schedule a visit to campus, tuition and fees information, and all other information regarding the transfer process!

Application materials for transfer students are due by the following deadlines:

  • Fall semester deadlines: Priority deadline March 1, Final deadline June 1
  • Spring semester deadline: Final deadline October 15

The Agricultural Education (teacher licensure) and Agricultural Communication and Marketing majors are part of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS). We encourage you to take a look at what our College can offer you!

Requirements for Admission

All students are admitted as an Agricultural Education (teacher licensure) major student or an Agricultural Communication and Marketing major student. For the teacher licensure major, a 2.50 minimum overall GPA must be maintained for acceptance. For Agricultural Communication and Marketing, a 2.00 minimum overall GPA must be maintained for acceptance.

Schedule a Campus Visit

Individual transfer advising appointments are available by request (190 Coffey Hall, St. Paul campus). During your visit, you can learn more about your major of interest, the transfer process and go on a tour of the St. Paul campus. Please contact a CFANS transfer counselor directly to set up your campus visit. We are excited to meet with you!

Ag Ed Partnership with Minnesota Community Colleges

The Agricultural Education division at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities is proud to offer a unique opportunity for students interested in starting at a community college and then transferring into our program. Our Ag Ed Partnership Program has been collaboratively developed with each participating community college to guarantee a smooth transfer to the University of Minnesota. By following the transfer plan, students can be assured that every class they take at the community college will apply to the Agricultural Education (teacher licensure) and Agricultural Communication and Marketing majors.

In higher education, cost and convenience are two very important issues. With this partnership program, students can begin their collegiate experience close to home before attending the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities! It is recommended that students complete their Associate of Arts (AA) degree at the community college before transfer. Completing an AA Degree guarantees completion of liberal education requirements at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.

Advisors are available at each partnership program and at the University of Minnesota to help students plan their career in Agricultural Education. Our goal is to give students the best education we can, and in a way that fits their needs. Whether students are enjoying the convenience of a community college, or experiencing the small-college atmosphere on the St. Paul campus at the University of Minnesota, you are a part of our Ag Ed family!

Transfer Guides

Before beginning your career as an Agricultural Education, Communication and Marketing student, it is important to know which courses you have completed will transfer into the curriculum or fill liberal education requirements. The following will help you understand how your courses transfer.

  • Use the Minnesota Transfer system to see how courses from other institutions transfer to the U of M and fulfill liberal education requirements.

Additional Resources